What is the Guide Lines Website?
This website sets out the requirements of Girl Guides Australia and will help you understand and appreciate the Organisation and its policies. For general information relating to Girl Guides Australia including how to be participate as a Girl Guide or a Volunteer Leader, the programs run by Girl Guides and Guiding events please visit our Girl Guides Australia website www.girlguides.org.au To contact the Girl Guide State office please visit our Contact page HERE.
The Guide Lines website captures the essential resources for any person involved with providing Guiding opportunities to girls and young women. This information can be sourced under the separate headings: Guiding, Roles, Recognition & Development, Governance, Finance & Risk and Operations.
The Guide Lines website is derived from the printed Guide Lines V6.1. It has been updated and expanded to contain current policies and forms, and links to other useful information. It is designed to provide more accessible information under one umbrella and it will be updated as and when changes are approved.
To check for recent changes, please view the Recent Updates page here.
Every word has been very carefully chosen in order to convey a precise meaning: in particular the verbs ‘must’, ‘should’, and ‘may’ are to be exactly interpreted. For example:
· Must means an absolute requirement: Guides must comply with Australian and State laws.
· Should means it is strongly recommended that this course of action be taken if possible: Every District should have a body of local support.
· May means if it is deemed necessary, advisable or desirable in the circumstances: Exceptions to age requirements may be made in special circumstances.
Currency of Information
The website contains information approved by the Board of Girl Guides Australia as of today’s date. The information remains current until the next review by the Board. Adult Members have a responsibility to ensure that they check regularly for updates. Please keep checking the website for updates. A date will appear on each page showing the date the page was updated.
Notice of Copyright
This website and its content is copyright of Girl Guides Australia.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
· you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only;
· you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
©2016 Girl Guides Australia. All Rights Reserved.
Last Modified: 24/03/16 at 10:02 AM