The Guide Lines within this section refer to the activities connected with the Outdoors Program. Click here for the Activities Manual.
The policies for the Outdoors Program are divided into two main headings with sub sections, as follows:
Click HERE to go to the Camping Rules and Requirements for:
- Leader In Charge
- Safety Rules
- Adventure-Based Activity Instructor
- Indoor Overnight Stay or Sleepover
- Camp and Expedition Modules
- Notification Forms Required
- Camps with Special Conditions – Camps Afloat, Interstate Camps, Camps for more than 50 participants, Overseas Camps
- Non-Member Children at Camp – Background, Procedures
Click HERE for a list of all Activities Not Approved or Covered by Insurance.
An adventure-based activity is one which contains a significant element of risk to those taking part. Girl Guides Australia requires the person in charge to have specific knowledge and skills relevant to the activity or to ensure that the instructors have such knowledge and skills.
Safety rules apply to all members, at all times, and are to be strictly observed. This can save lives and also protect members from litigation.
Some activities require ADM.27 Activity Consent Form For Youth Members from participants and the Leader In Charge needs to complete OUT.01 Camp/Adventure-based/Event Notification Application
Any queries please contact your State Outdoors Manager via your State Organisation – listed here.
Last Modified: 08/12/17 at 1:06 PM