Adult Leadership and Development
Overview of the ALQP
The Australian Leadership & Qualification Program (ALQP) provides a learning path to the Leadership, Management and Training Qualifications, and options for ongoing learning.
Each ALQP Passport incorporates a mix of reading, eGuiding (Guidings eLearning), face to face training and activities based on the role. Recognition of prior learning is available and is discussed during an induction meeting with your Mentor.
- The Leadership Qualification is for Unit Leaders and Assistant Unit Leaders working in Guide Units or Outdoor Leaders supporting Guide Units in Districts and Regions.
- The Management Qualification is for District and Region Managers and Assistant Managers.
- The Learning and Development Qualification is for Workshop Presenters, Trainers and Training Partners. These are supplementary positions.
The steps to achieving a qualification via the ALQP are set out in the document below.
Click below for the snapshot PDF of Leadership and Management Qualifications and roles:
Girl Guides Australia First Aid Requirements
Girl Guides Australia is a Child Safe Child Friendly organisation. As such all Leaders and Managers must keep their first aid qualification current and forward a copy of the qualification as their State requires.
Effective from 1 June 2021:
- The minimum first aid module required for Unit Leaders, Assistant Leaders and Managers is HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support.
- Outdoor Leaders and Leaders planning to undertake camping and adventure-based activities are required to complete HLTAID011 Provide First Aid.
Full details can be found in this document: GGA National First Aid Requirements 2021.
All first aid requirements for adults must be assessed by a qualified first aid assessor from a Registered Training Organisation covered by professional indemnity insurance.
Ongoing Leadership Development with the ALQP
Outdoor Modules: Camping, Expeditions, Canoeing/kayaking and Rowing… all exciting activities for you and the Guides. Will provide you with a Girl Guiding Qualification that will provide opportunities for girls to access activities that further enhance their Girl Guiding experience. Click here for Outdoor Modules. (login required)
Learning Topics: Learning Topics offer activities, games and Guiding information and history for your personal interest or to share with girls. Click here for Learning Topics (login required).
Adult Endeavours: Adult Endeavours will challenge you to develop your interest and learn more via a set syllubus with a variety of tasks and activities to choose from. Click here for Adult Endeavours (login required).
To assist Leaders to record their ongoing learning activities, the is a Learning Log document available for personal use. They are available below (Accessible to Australian Girl Guide Leaders only).
Sample forms can be found here (log in required).
Last Modified: 29/09/22 at 9:56 AM