Includes (Just to name a few)
- Tai chi
- Kung fu
Martial arts are codified systems and traditions of combat practices, which are practiced for a number of reasons, as self-defence, military, and law enforcement, mental and spiritual development, self discipline as well as entertainment
Who Can Participate
- Open to all.
- Some Activity Providers may have additional age or height restrictions.
- Members must be adequately clothed. Hair must be tied back and jewellery such as necklaces, bracelets, long earrings, rings and watches must be removed.
- Activity provider rules must be followed.
Refer to Girl Guides Australia Ratios at a Glance
Leader in Charge
- The LiC must ensure that all participants are informed of appropriate clothing and/or personal equipment prior to the activity.
- The LiC must organise and collect the ADM.27 from youth members and ADM.28 from adults. The LiC must inform the Activity Instructor of any health conditions or behaviour issues with participants.
- The LiC must have an appropriate first aid kit and emergency equipment suitable for the activity present at the activity venue.
- The LiC must ensure participants have water and food appropriate to the activity.
- The LiC is responsible for all participants when they are not participating in the activity.
Use a reputable Martial Arts organisation. If you are unsure contact your State Outdoor Activities Manager to ensure the organisation is suitable.
Questions to be asked when looking for an Activity Provider
- The Activity Leader/Instructor is to brief all participants on safety and the care of equipment prior to the activity.
- It is suggested that the Activity Leader / Instructor provide ground training prior to the commencement of the activity if relevant.
- Activity Leaders/Instructors must have a first aid kit suitable for the acitivity.
Notification Forms Required
For Approval – Prior to the Activity
- OUT.01 Camp/Adventure-based/Event: Notification/Application
- ADM.56B Risk Assessment Plan for Outdoor Activities Events Camps
- The Activity Provider’s Risk Management Plan
At the Activity
- Participants are required to have completed: ADM.27 for Youth Members or ADM.28 for Adults
- ADM.24A Notification of Accident Form
- ADM.24B Notification of Incident Form
After the Activity
- OUT.03 Camp/Adventure-based/Event Report
Last Modified: 14/05/21 at 3:37 PM