General Rules for all Adventure-Based Activities
The following are the General Rules for Adventure-Based Activities:
- The responsibility for activities rests with the Leader/Manager concerned. They can stop the activity at any time.
- An instructor must have the necessary experience and qualifications. The qualifications of Leaders/Managers or instructors carrying out ALL adventure-based activities must be confirmed by the relevant State Outdoor Activities Manager.
- The Leader-in-Charge must:
- Be a qualified Leader/Manager;
- Obtain permission from the District or Region Manager and the appropriate State Guiding personnel by completing Adventure-based Activity permission form (OUT 2)
- Ensure the activity is adequately covered by the insurance policy of Girl Guides Australia and, if applicable, the body controlling the intended activity;
- For Adventure-based activities, ensure an Activity Consent Form (ADM.27 ) is received from a parent or guardian of each participant under the age of 18 years and
- An Adult Information Form for activities (ADM 28) from each participant 18 years and over.
- Ensure the guidelines for the specific activities are followed.
The requisite Adult to Girl ratios are found at Ratios at a Glance.
Last Modified: 09/03/17 at 12:16 PM