Supplementary Position Title: Unit Helper
Appointed by: Unit Leader
Reports to: Unit Leader
- Youth members
- Unit Leaders, Assistant Unit Leaders, and Unit Helpers in own Unit
- Parents and wider community
Term of Appointment: In accordance with State policy.
Primary purpose of the position: Contribute to the delivery of a high quality Australian Guide Program to youth members in a safe environment.
1. Being Part of Guiding in Australia
- Help and support other members of the Unit leadership team.
- Share skills, knowledge and resources.
2. Delivering the Australian Guide Program
- Take responsibility for elements of the Unit program and Unit meetings as directed by the Unit leadership team.
- Contribute to the planning of the Unit program along with youth members and adult members.
- Facilitate youth members to develop and implement an effective and well-balanced program relevant to their needs and interests.
- Support youth members to further their understanding and application of the Promise and Law.
- Encourage youth members to process in the Australian Guide Program.
- Provide opportunities for youth members to develop and use leadership skills.
3. Being Safe
- Contribute to the health and safety of all members associated with the Unit.
- Comply with obligations under the relevant national and state Work Health and Safety Acts.
- Comply with Girl Guides Australia / State Girl Guides Organisation risk management policy and procedures.
Requirements of appointment to the position
- Member of State Girl Guide Organisation.
- Satisfactory Police and Working with Children checks as required by State legislation.
- Acceptance of Girl Guides Australia Code of Conduct.
- Commitment to regular attendance.
Capabilities and personal attributes
- Commitment to the principles of Guiding.
- Commitment to girls/young women and their development.
- Ability to be a positive role model.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Compliance with the Girl Guides Australia Code of Conduct.
- Role currency checks (including First Aid) as required.
- Retain membership and wear uniform.
Last Modified: 17/02/21 at 7:47 AM