Region Manager & Assistant Region Manager
A challenging and rewarding position within Girl Guides Australia (GGA) as a role model for Managers, Leaders, and girls. The Region Manager (RM) is responsible for leading the Region Team. The RM provides support, guidance, feedback, and motivation to ensure a focus on the importance of the delivery of the Australian Guide Program (AGP), Learning & Development of adults and growth and retention for the benefit of Youth Members, seeing girls and young women discover their potential as leaders of their world.
She will build strong connections between the Region Team, Leaders, girls, and the Community to ensure the Region objectives are successful and support the State Strategic objectives.
Region Manager Role
Guides promotes a balanced volunteering commitment for all Volunteers. This role is flexible in nature and application to suit the needs of the role and each State Girl Guide Organisation
(SGGO). This role description captures all aspects of the role for adoption in your individual Guiding situation.
Assistant Region Manager Role
Assistant Region Managers (ARM) work with the RM on tasks within the Role Description as agreed between both parties.
The essence of Guiding is the delivery of the AGP working together with the Region Team, District Managers, Leaders, and girls to do so. The RM is responsible for:
- Working with the Region Team towards the successful implementation of the Region
- Facilitating Region Meetings to work collaboratively with the Region Team
- Promoting and modelling the GGA Promise and Guide Law and the GGA Code of Conduct
within Guiding and the wider community
- Developing and valuing individual’s skills and talents
- Building and maintaining positive relationships throughout the Region
- Using an innovative approach to decision making and problem solving
- Actively building relationships and communicating effectively with community stakeholders to
- Encouraging and acknowledging the contribution of Adult Members and members of the
community including nominations through the GGA Adult Good Service Awards and Membership Recognition
- Adhering to GGA & SGGO policies and procedures
- Demonstrating and encouraging a commitment to providing a healthy and safe environment
for all members and supporters by actively seeking to minimise risk on an ongoing basis
- Advocating for girls and young women and inspiring others to innovate and be creative
including the inclusion of WAGGGS and GGA initiatives
- Monitoring social media of the Region and participating in making sure that style and language are in keeping with GGA Code of Conduct, policies, and branding.
Managing and maintaining records is important to the success of this role. The RM is responsible for the following as appropriate and required:
- Effective reporting
- Proactive management of the Region budget
- Accessing and utilising the State data base to generate reports and update records
- Proactive management of accurate records of meetings, correspondence, and finances
Building for the Future
Guiding in the future embraces Guides to be themselves in a brave space. The RM leads and supports this by:
- Appointing an Assistant RM (if appropriate) and establishing areas of responsibility
- Sharing skills, knowledge, and resources with others
- Supporting DMs and the Region Team by timely completion of induction and review processes
- Encouraging and modelling succession planning
- Challenging stereotypes and responding constructively and positively in different cultural, social, and work contexts
- Breaking down gender barriers to leadership for girls and women
- Showing a commitment to raising the voices of girls and young women
- Responding to challenging situations, conflict, or pressure in a calm manner
Requirements for Appointment
Whilst it is preferred that the RM possesses Girl Guiding experience, they are required to have strong interpersonal, administrative, planning, and organisational skills.
To be appointed the Region Member must:
- Have strong communication and organisational skills
- Satisfy the requirements of adult membership & appointment for their SGGO
- Complete the requirements of the Management Qualification for RM
- Maintain the relevant First Aid Qualification for the role.
The RM reports to the State Commissioner and the appointment terms are determined by the relevant SGGO.
Last Modified: 28/04/23 at 4:32 PM