Outdoor Skills Assessor
The Outdoor Skills Assessor’s primary role is to assess Adult Members for the Outdoor Modules of the ALQP and to assess Youth Members for Outdoor Achieve a Challenge Trefoil 3.
- State Outdoor Activities Committee
- Adults working towards Outdoor Modules
- Youth Members working towards an Outdoor Trefoil 3
- Region Managers and their teams.
Term of Appointment Three Years
Capabilities and Personal Attributes
- High level interpersonal skills including coaching, providing feedback, actively listening and displaying empathy
- Possess sound assessment skills with the ability to deliver feedback in a positive and friendly manner
- Commitment to the development of adults in outdoor skill areas
- Commitment to the safety of participants and a positive attitude towards managing risk
- Commitment to fairness, equity and consistency in the assessment process
- Capability and time to undertake the role.
Requirements for Appointment
- Satisfy the requirements of adult membership and appointment for her SGGO
- Hold and maintain the Outdoor Module/s for a minimum of 2 years (and be actively seeking to have the modules endorsed in line with the Outdoor Modules)
- Have been in charge of/conducted an outdoor activity at least 4 times (or equivalent)
- Be recommended by the Region Manager (or her nominee) to the State Outdoor Activities Manager, who will manage this appointment
- Hold the relevant first aid qualification for the role – HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
The Outdoor Skills Assessor must only assess others in an area in which the corresponding or higher qualification is held.
Last Modified: 27/06/23 at 1:56 PM