Supplementary Position Title: Trainer
Appointed by: State Learning & Development Manager
Reports to: State Learning & Development Manager
- Workshop and training course participants
- State Learning & Development Team
- Course and workshop training teams
- Unit, District and Region teams
Term of Appointment:
Three years (can be reappointed after a review is conducted).
Primary purpose of the position:
The Trainer is able to develop and deliver learning sessions in a range of areas and uses a wide range of techniques and skills. She will promote a culture of on-going learning enabling members to learn and apply new skills and knowledge.
Training and Facilitating Learning
- Communicate and engage effectively with girls and women
- Practice high-level interpersonal skills including building positive respectful relationships, coaching, conflict resolution, questioning, active listening and empathy
- Present sessions, workshops and courses
- Facilitate learning, helping participants to discover their own learning
- Share skills, knowledge and resources and help others learn
- Debrief learning activities
- Evaluate sessions.
- Manage groups and people effectively
- Deliver Leadership Qualification training or Management Qualification training according to her current appointment, qualification and skills
Administering Workshops and Courses
- Promote a culture of thanks
- Plan and prepare learning programs, sessions and resources
- Evaluate the course with the participants and the training team
- Complete administrative responsibilities
- Report as requested to the State Learning & Development Manager
- Coordinate courses with the team of Trainers and Workshop Presenters – prepare the program, allocate sessions, manage the logistics of the course, communicate with participants, select equipment and resources.
- Respond to learning needs of District/Region/State and design and organise appropriate learning experiences using a variety of modes (face to face, online, webinars etc.) and a variety of techniques (role-plays, scenarios, games, discussions etc.)
- Assess and respond to the needs of course participants.
- Design learning experiences to meet the needs of adults with various learning styles and experiences.
- Use a learner-centred approach to developing adults in Guiding
- Research learning resources
- Create effective adult learning environments
- Follow-up with participants after the course.
- Contribute to peer evaluation of sessions presented.
Requirements of appointment to the position
- Be a Member of a State Girl Guide organisation.
- Accept the Girl Guides Australia Code of Conduct.
- Be recommended by her Manager.
- Complete the Learning & Development Qualification for Trainer
- Facilitate the Leadership Qualification or Management Qualification training courses (according to her current primary appointment, qualification and/or skills).Further information is included in the Learning & Development Qualification Passport Guidance Notes.
Capabilities and personal attributes
- Commitment to the principles of Guiding and willingness to make or renew the Guide promise.
- Commitment to the development of girls and women.
- Good planning and organising skills (including the preparation of sessions and resources).
- Effective communication skills both one on one and in groups.
- A positive role model.
- Capacity and time to undertake the role.
- Commitment to her own on-going development.
- Commitment to the Promise and Law.
- Compliance with the Girl Guides Australia Code of Conduct.
- Commitment to ongoing self-development and learning.
- Commitment to wearing of the Guide uniform.
- Meet the ongoing requirements of her current appointment (if relevant) as set out in the relevant Position Description.
- Commitment to the role of Trainer and membership of the State Learning & Development team.
- Delivery of a minimum number of hours training per year (as set by the SLDM and her Committee), and recorded in her personal Training Log.
- ‘New to Role’ Review completed with State Learning & Development Manager six months following appointment.
- Annual peer evaluation of sessions presented
- Review of Training Log and hours of training facilitated
- Participation in Annual Role Review with the State Learning & Development Manager or her nominee as required.
Last Modified: 17/02/21 at 7:50 AM