Position Title: State Commissioner
Appointment: State Council or Board
Responsible to: State Council or Board, Chief Commissioner
Term of Appointment: In accordance with the relevant State Constitution
Primary Purpose of Position: To implement the aims of Girl Guides Australia within her State.
- To ensure the State Girl Guide Organisation is administered properly and competently accordingly to the direction of the State Council or Board either directly or through the Executive Committee.
- To promote the development of Guiding
- To maintain regular communication with all State office-bearers and to give support to activities where appropriate.
- To attend the Board meeting of Girl Guides Australia as the representative of her State and promote the views and needs of her State in relation to matters requiring a national decision and ensure the decisions are implemented in her State.
- To maintain regular contact with the Chief Commissioner and to advise her of areas of concern or opportunities for promotion of Guiding.
- To maintain links with Scouts Australia and other youth groups and Organisations in her State.
- To be the chairperson of the State Executive/Board Committee if specified in the State terms of reference.
- To be an ex-officio member of all State committees, receive minutes of the meetings held and to follow up any areas of concern and give support where appropriate.
- To maintain contact with and advise and encourage Region Managers and visit Regions by invitation where possible.
- To delegate responsibility to suitably qualified people for areas which require specific expertise and maintain contact with them to ensure that the needs of the Guide Organisation are being met.
- To maintain the commitment of Girl Guides Australia to a child safe and child friendly culture.
- To be a member of a State Girl Guide Organisation.
- To demonstrate a commitment to the principles of Guiding.
- To have an understanding of the role of different groups within the State Girl Guide Organisations.
- To have an understanding of the Australian Guide Program and the Australian Learning and Qualification Program.
- To be willing to represent Guiding to the best of her ability.
- To have good communication and administrative skills.
- To hold, or be working towards, the appropriate qualification in the Australian Learning and Qualification Program.
- To wear Guide uniform when undertaking the role to which she is appointed.
Last Modified: 27/06/17 at 4:20 PM