Primary Position: Resource Leader
Appointed by: District Manager, Region Manager or State Commissioner
Reports to: District Manager, Region Manager or State Commissioner
- Youth members
- Leaders, Managers and other adult members in her area.
Term of Appointment: In accordance with State policy.
Please note: The Resource Leader is expected to have a Leadership or Management qualification at appointment i.e. this position is a transition from a Leader or Manager role, not a new appointment.
Main Purpose of the position:
Share with girls and adults her specialised skills (for example, camp craft, abseiling, first aid, music, leadership skills)
Provide support, mentoring and resources for other Leaders and Managers (including Learning Partners)
- Comply with obligations under the relevant National and State Work Health and Safety Acts.
- Care for the health and safety of everyone associated with the activities.
- Comply with Girl Guides Australia/State Girl Guides Organisation policy and procedures.
- Manage risk on an ongoing basis.
2. Support adults and girls in Guiding
- Share skills, knowledge and resources with adult and youth members.
- Facilitate leadership skills development within the group with which she works.
- Support the delivery of the Australian Guide Program.
- Be aware of local and State events being planned and community contacts in the area appointed.
- Implement self-government methods appropriate to the activity enabling decisions to be made democratically.
- Work as a member of the District, Region or State team.
Requirements of appointment to the position
- Member of State Girl Guide Organisation.
- Hold a Leadership or Management Qualification
- Provide Basic Emergency Life Support HLTAID002 – theory only (can be completed online).
Capabilities and personal attributes
- Commitment to the principles of Guiding.
- Commitment to girls/young women and their development.
- Ability to be a positive role model.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively.
- Capacity and time to undertake the role.
- Sound planning and organisational skills.
- Commitment to the Promise and Law.
- Compliance with the Girl Guides Australia Code of Conduct.
- Keep up to date with Guiding policies and practice.
- Commitment to ongoing self-development and learning.
- Wearing of the Guide uniform.
- ‘New to Role’ Review completed with line manager six months following appointment.
- Role currency checks (including First Aid) as required.
- Participation in Annual Role Review as required.
Last Modified: 13/05/22 at 10:54 AM