Outdoor Skills Assessor
Supplementary Position Title: Outdoor Skills Assessor
Appointed by: State Outdoor Activities Manager
Reports to: State Outdoor Activities Manager
- State Outdoor Activities Committee
- Adults working towards Outdoor Modules
- Region Managers and their teams
Term of Appointment: Three Years
Primary purpose of the position: To assess adult members for the Outdoor Modules of the ALQP.
Requirements of appointment to the position
- Hold an Outdoor Module/s for a minimum of 2 years (and be actively seeking to have the modules endorsed in line with the Outdoor Modules).
- Have been in charge of/conducted an outdoor activity at least 4 times (or equivalent).
- Be recommended by the Region Manager (or her nominee) to the State Outdoor Activities Manager, who will manage this appointment.
- Current Provide First Aid certificate or equivalent.
Capabilities and personal attributes
- High level interpersonal skills including coaching, providing feedback, actively listening and displaying empathy.
- Possess sound assessment skills with the ability to deliver feedback in a positive and friendly manner.
- Commitment to the development of adults in outdoor skill areas.
- Commitment to the safety of participants and a positive attitude towards managing risk.
- Commitment to fairness, equity and consistency in the assessment process.
- Capability and time to undertake the role.
- Compliance with the Girl Guides Australia Code of Conduct.
- To maintain currency, an Outdoors Skills Assessor must hold a current Provide First Aid Certificate, as well as either maintain currency in the relevant Outdoors Module, or, at the discretion of the State Outdoor Activities Manager, maintain relevant outdoors skills.
Last Modified: 08/09/17 at 1:19 PM