Supplementary Title Position: Workshop Presenter
Appointed by: State Learning & Development Manager
Reports to: State Learning & Development Manager
Course participants and training teams
State Learning & Development Team
Term of Appointment: Three years (can be reappointed after review is conducted).
Primary purpose of the position
Facilitate learning in a specialist subject area, enabling participants to learn and apply new skills.
- Training and Facilitating Learning
- Communicate and engage effectively with girls and women.
- Practice high-level interpersonal skills including building positive respectful relationships, coaching, conflict resolution, questioning, active listening and empathy.
- Present sessions and workshops.
- Facilitate learning, helping participants to discover their own learning.
- Share skills, knowledge and resources and help others learn.
- Debrief learning activities.
- Evaluate sessions.
- Manage groups and people effectively.
- Work as a member of a team.
- Designing Learning
- Respond to learning needs of District/Region/State and design and organise appropriate learning experiences using a variety of modes (face to face, online, webinars etc.) and a variety of techniques (role-plays, scenarios, games, discussions etc.)
- Assess and respond to the needs of course participants.
- Design learning experiences to meet the needs of adults with various learning styles and experiences.
- Use a learner-centred approach to developing adults in Guiding.
- Plan and prepare learning programs, sessions and resources.
- Research learning resources.
- Use the Girl Guide / Girl Scout Method.
- Create effective adult learning environments.
- Administering Workshops and Courses
- Promote a culture of thanks.
- Complete administrative responsibilities.
- Report as requested to the State Learning & Development Manager.
Requirements of appointment to the position
- Be a Member of a State Girl Guide organisation.
- Accept the Girl Guides Australia Code of Conduct.
- Be recommended by her Manager.
- Complete the Learning & Development Qualification.
- Relevant experience, qualification and/or appointment.
Capabilities and personal attributes
- Commitment to the principles of Guiding and willingness to make or renew the Guide promise.
- Commitment to the development of girls and women.
- Sound planning, organisation and management skills.
- Effective communication skills both one on one and in groups.
- A positive role model.
- Capacity and time to undertake the role.
- Commitment to her own on-going development.
- Commitment to the Promise and Law.
- Compliance with the Girl Guides Australia Code of Conduct.
- Commitment to ongoing self-development and learning.
- Commitment to wearing of the Guide uniform.
- Meet the ongoing requirements of her current appointment (if relevant) as set out in the relevant Position Description.
- Commitment to the role of Workshop Presenter and membership of the State Learning & Development team.
- Delivery of a minimum number of hours training per year (as set by the SLDM and her Committee), and recorded in her personal Training Log.
- ‘New to Role’ Review completed with State Learning & Development Manager six months following appointment.
- Annual evaluation of sessions presented
- Review of Training Log and hours of training facilitated
- Participation in Annual Role Review with the State Learning & Development Manager or her nominee as required.
Last Modified: 28/04/17 at 10:16 AM