Supplementary Position Title: Training Partner
Appointed by: State Learning & Development Manager
Reports to: State Learning & Development Manager
New Workshop Presenters and Trainers
State Learning & Development Team
Term of Appointment: Three years (can be reappointed after a review is conducted).
Primary purpose of the position
- To support new Workshop Presenters / Trainers to gain their relevant Qualification by:
- Developing Learning Plan with new Workshop Presenters / Trainers.
- Supporting new Workshop Presenters / Trainers as they progress through the Qualification.
- Monitor Workshop Presenter’s / Trainer’s progress and ensure it meets required standards.
- Attending meetings with the Workshop Presenters / Trainers.
- Using high level interpersonal communication skills including coaching, delivering feedback, actively listening and displaying empathy.
- Completing administrative task requirements.
Full details of the Training Partner responsibilities are set out in the Learning and Development Qualification Passport.
Requirements of appointment to the position
- Hold a current appointment as Trainer
- Two years’ experience as a qualified Trainer.
- Completion of Learning Partner Training Course
Capabilities and personal attributes
- Passion for the contribution of Learning & Development to Guiding
- Commitment to the development of new Workshop Presenters / Trainers.
- Operate as a team player.
- A positive role model.
- Capacity and time to undertake the role.
- Meet the ongoing requirements of her current primary appointment Leader / Manager (if relevant) and her Supplementary Training appointments as set out in the relevant Position Description.
- Compliance with the Girl Guides Australia Code of Conduct.
- Undertake a review discussion of how the role is being carried out as part of her trainer role review.
Last Modified: 14/09/16 at 8:56 AM