Supplementary Position Title: Learning Partner
Appointed by: District or Region Manager
Reports to: District or Region Manager
- New Leaders / Managers
- Learning & Development team
- Recognition of Prior Learning Liaison
- District and Region teams
Term of Appointment: In accordance with State policy
Primary purpose of the position:
- To support new Leaders and District Managers to gain their relevant Qualification by:
- Developing a Learning Plan with the new Leader / District Manager.
- Supporting the new Leader / District Manager as they progress through the Qualification.
- Monitoring the Leader’s / District Manager’s progress and ensuring it meets standards required.
- Competing administrative requirements including Recognition of Prior Learning, Induction, and activity / qualification sign off.
- Full details of the Learning Partner role and responsibilities are set out in the ALQP Qualification Passport Guiding Notes.
Requirements of appointment to the position:
- Learning Partners for Leaders (Assistant Unit Leader, Unit Leader or Outdoors Leader).
- Be an experienced Leader holding a GGA Leadership Qualification (either AALP or ALQP) and
- Hold a current primary leadership appointment and
- Complete Learning Partner Training (prior to appointment as a Learning Partner).
Learning Partner Relationships
- A Unit Leader, may be the Learning Partner for Unit Leaders, Assistant Unit Leaders or Outdoor Leaders.
- As Assistant Unit Leader, may only be the Learning Partner for Assistant Unit Leaders.
- An Outdoor Leader, may only be the Learning Partner for Outdoor Leaders.
- A District Manager, demonstrating recent and substantive involvement as Unit level, may only be the Learning Partner for Unit Leaders, Assistant Unit Leaders or Outdoors Leaders from outside the District where she holds her primary appointment.
- Learning Partners for District Managers (Assistant District Managers) must
- Be an experienced Manager holding a GGA Management Qualification (either AALP or ALQP) and
- Hold a current primary management appointment and
- Complete Learning Partner Training prior to appointment as a Learning Partner.
A Region Manager or Assistant may only be the Learning Partner for a manager in another Region.
A District Manager or Assistant may only be the Learning Partner for a manager in another District.
A Unit Leader, demonstrating recent and substantive involvement in District management, may be the Learning Partner for a District Manager or Assistant.
Capabilities and personal attributes:
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including coaching, questioning, active listening, and empathy.
- Ability to operate as team player.
- Sound planning and organisation skills.
- Commitment to the development of new Leaders/Managers.
- Ability to be a positive role model.
- Capacity and time to undertake the role.
- Meet the ongoing requirements of her current primary appointment as set out in the relevant Position Description.
- Abide by the Girl Guides Australia Code of Conduct.
- Maintain current and substantive involvement at the Unit level and/or District/Region/State as appropriate.
- Demonstrate commitment to the role of Learning Partner.
- Undertake a review discussion of how the role is being carried out as part of her Primary role review.
Last Modified: 21/10/15 at 3:49 PM