Outdoor Skills Assessor
Supplementary Position Title: Outdoor Skills Assessor
Appointed by: State Outdoor Activities Manager
Reports to: State Outdoor Activities Manager
- State Outdoor Activities Committee
- Adults working towards Outdoor Modules
- Region Managers and their teams
Term of Appointment: Three Years
Primary purpose of the position: To assess adult members for the Outdoor Modules of the ALQP.
Requirements of appointment to the position
- Hold an Outdoor Module/s for a minimum of 2 years (and be actively seeking to have the modules endorsed in line with the Outdoor Modules).
- Have been in charge of/conducted an outdoor activity at least 4 times (or equivalent).
- Be recommended by the Region Manager (or her nominee) to the State Outdoor Activities Manager, who will manage this appointment.
- Current Provide First Aid certificate or equivalent.
Capabilities and personal attributes
- High level interpersonal skills including coaching, providing feedback, actively listening and displaying empathy.
- Possess sound assessment skills with the ability to deliver feedback in a positive and friendly manner.
- Commitment to the development of adults in outdoor skill areas.
- Commitment to the safety of participants and a positive attitude towards managing risk.
- Commitment to fairness, equity and consistency in the assessment process.
- Capability and time to undertake the role.
- Compliance with the Girl Guides Australia Code of Conduct.
- Maintain currency of the Outdoor Modules and Provide First Aid certificate or maintain current outdoor skills at the discretion of the relevant State Outdoor Activities Manager.
Last Modified: 21/03/17 at 1:09 PM