WAGGGS Awards Asia Pacific Region
There are two types of Awards given out by the region for outstanding contribution of adult leaders and volunteers. They are the annual Asia Pacific Leadership Awards which are divided into three categories and the Region Appreciation Award which is given out once every three years during the Regional Conference.
Asia Pacific Leadership Awards
The Asia Pacific Leadership Awards aims to recognize achievement of adult leaders in the Member Organizations of the Asia Pacific Region.
Through the Asia Pacific Leadership Awards, the Region hopes to provide incentive and motivation for adults who:
- are effective role models in their areas of service
- have given outstanding contributions in their areas of service
- have acquired a high level of self-development that has enabled them to provide quality Girl Guiding
The Asia Pacific Leadership Awards are offered annually in three categories:
- Asia Pacific Leadership Award for /Managers/ Commissioners
Each year GGA seeks nominations from members for the Asia Pacific Leadership Awards. Applications on the AW.7 Application for Asia Pacific Leadership Award form should be forwarded to the Australian Awards Committee via the GGA National Office by the 1st September each year. Nominations require the signature of the Region Leader and State Commissioner.
Criteria for the awards can be found on the application form.
Asia Pacific Region Appreciation Award
The Asia Pacific Region Appreciation Award is the highest award given by the Asia Pacific Region, World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts.
The Asia Pacific Region Appreciation Award is to honour individuals who have given outstanding service and contribution to the development of Girl Guiding Girl Scouting in the Region. The award is presented once every three years.
To recognize individuals who:
- Stand out as role model
- Have used their resources, talents and influence to promote Girl Guiding/Girl Scouting in an Asia Pacific country or in the Region
- Have used her/his position to improve the image of Girl Guiding/Girl Scouting in an Asia Pacific country or in the Region.
Nominee need not be a member of a WAGGGS Member Organization. Nominee must also fulfil at least three out of the following criteria:
- Be of exemplary character and stand out as a role model;
- Made an outstanding contribution as a volunteer, staff or supporter to a Member Organization for a period of at least ten years.
- Contributed time and expertise to the development of Girl Guiding/Girl Scouting in an Asia Pacific country or in the Region.
- Demonstrated the ability to promote and advance Girl Guiding/Girl Scouting in an Asia Pacific country or in the Region.
- Demonstrated quality and exemplary leadership.
- Made an outstanding contribution to the Asia Pacific Region.
Last Modified: 08/06/17 at 1:50 PM